Smart Skinner Pro Bi-PED & Quadra-Pedal Suite Plug-in for Maya 2013 for Windows 1 Year Subscription (Student/Faculty Edition) (Electronic Software Delivery)
Please Note: Once the order has been processed, this product is nonreturnable. Only Hi-Ed Students and Faculty are eligible to purchase this edition.
Reduce your rigging time from days to minutes with the BZP PRO Smart Skinner!
The most advanced rigging and skinning plugin for Maya.
Imagine doing 110+ hours of rigging and skinning in just 1 hour. With the new Smart Skinner from BZP Pro, this is a reality. Created by authorized AutoDesk developers – led by Brent Zorich, formerly of ILM, Lucasfilm and EA - Smart Skinner changes the way organizations approach development and scheduling.
For Animators. By Animators.
3D artists and technical animators are a special breed. BZP Pro software is developed with animators in mind. This is because our company was founded by a former creative & technical lead at EA Sports and Lucas. In short, we understand that quality tools allow our peers to be better artists.
Less time, more flexibility
It’s time to stop wasting 100+ hours rigging and skinning characters manually. With our award-winning software, “Smart Skinner,” the process is reduced to under and hour – giving you the freedom to extend your creative time – and to develop characters with far greater flexibility and speed.
Save 100 + hours
Smart Skinner was developed with a simple goal – to help animation teams stop wasting unnecessary resources and money during the manual rigging and skinning process. Character development is reduced from 100+ hours to less than 1 hour per character. What will you do with 100 hours of free production time?
Save hundreds of hours. Redefine your schedule and budget process.
BZP Pro SmartSkinner Professional combines all the tools you’ll need to rig, skin and deliver characters in 1/100th the time it usually takes. Our cutting edge software is used by leading industry professionals every day.
The SmartSkinner plug in combines rigging and skinning into one tool, saving you hundreds of hours of time across your projects. With “bi-ped” and “quadra-ped” modes, animations have the flexibility to reduce production times on nearly any charactrers. Joint selection is managed by a pre-set list of joints that will bind the mesh. Additionally, the sphere will be constantly recreated throughout the skeleton and interactively select the proper vertices on the mesh and bind them to the respective joint. To visualize the vertices, the tool iterates though every vertex and tests it if collides with the nurb spheres. If it collides, it is selected. Our mirror process also copies the weighting from one side of the mesh to the next.
AutoRig additional features.
Smart Skinner’s Auto-rig module supplements time saves, with a key frame control rig that is both forward kinematic and inverse kinematic, as well as design construction of the deformation portion of the rig. The software creates shoulders and hips are entirely unbreakable due to the control setup- making this also a technical animation rig. Wether you’re creating characters for games or film, SmartSkinner’s joint-based muscle flexing and auto-generated “facial GUI” is ideal. And when you’re done, separate skeletal chains enable easy exporting.
“Leaf joints” set up to have total control over rotational value due to additional controls making the wrist, shin, upper arm, and upper leg unbreakable; and enables the entire rig (including spine, neck and limbs) to be moved or stretched into virtually any position.
SmartSkinner Key Features
- Fully responsive so your content will always look good on any screen size
- Combines rigging and skinning into one tool
- 110 hours of work condensed into one hour
- The script is launched in biped or quad mode
- Selection of the joints is set by a pre-set list of joints that to which the tool will bind the mesh. A skinbinder is used to do the binding which is typical for smooth binding.
- The sphere will be constantly recreated throughout the skeleton and interactively select the proper vertices on the mesh and bind them to the respective joint.
- Mirror will copy the weighting from one side of the mesh to the next.
- To visualize the vertices, the tool iterates though every vertex and tests it if collides with the nurb spheres. If it collides, it is selected.
Auto-rig Key Features
- Key frame control rig that is both forward kinematic and inverse kinematic
- Over 7000 commands are completed in thirty seconds
- Design construction of the deformation portion of the rig
- The shoulders and hips are entirely unbreakable due to the control setup- making this also a technical animation rig
- Joint-based muscle flexing ideal for games and film
- Separate skeletal chains that enables easy exporting
- Facial GUI that is automatically generated
- The rig is entirely scalable for different scenes in a film or game
- “Leaf joints” set up to have total control over rotational value due to additional controls making the wrist, shin, upper arm, and upper leg unbreakable
- The spine, neck, and limbs are able to be squashed and stretched
- Individual Controls on the “leaf” joints of the limbs enable the rig to be moved in virtually any position and deformed in any way