Students chase Carmen Sandiego™ and her gang through all 50 states as they try to recover the nation's stolen treasures by deciphering clues relating to U.S. and state history, geography, economy, and culture. Each challenging case can serve as a springboard for further class discussion and activities across the curriculum.
This new school edition features an electronic database filled with essays, maps, music, color photos, and video clips that can be searched by key-word. Explore mode allows students to go to any state they like, which makes research and investigation easy and fun for classroom detectives.
- All new geographic data updated for 2004
- Support for Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Mac OS X
- Teacher Resource CD includes: teacher guide, user guide, and 19 lesson plans correlated to national and state standards
- Blackline masters, including 50 printable state outline maps
- Annotated bibliography of additional student and teacher resources
- Electronic database filled with essays, maps, music, color photos, and video clips
- Explore mode allows students to investigate and research the United States—independently of game-play
- Keyword search feature makes it easy for students to find information
- Expands knowledge of U.S. geography, history, and more
- Develops skills in map reading and database research
- Increases proficiency in deductive reasoning and reading comprehension